Keep Cool & Save this Summer
We Canadians look forward to the summer months and warmer weather, but as the temperature rises and we use our air conditioning systems to keep our homes and workplaces cool, energy bills also rise, and sometimes at an alarming rate.
In today’s post, we’re going to share some tried and true tips that will allow you to keep your space at a more comfortable temperature without breaking the bank.
Routine Air Conditioner Maintenance in Saskatoon
One of the best things you can do to keep your cooling costs down is to have air conditioner maintenance performed by a professional on a yearly basis. Having an HVAC specialist check your entire system to ensure everything is working as it should and to perform any necessary cleaning and repairs will prevent potentially costly breakdowns and keep your system running efficiently.
Replace Your Old Air Conditioner
When new, energy efficient air conditioners can reduce your yearly cooling expenses by as much as 60%, it can make good financial sense to upgrade to a new system. If you’re interested in upgrading your air conditioning in Saskatoon or one of the surrounding areas, call us!
Simple Steps to Conserve Energy
There are several things you can do at home to conserve the cool, thereby reducing the amount of energy your air conditioner uses each day. Try a few and see for yourself:
- Close blinds and drapes during the day when the sun is hottest
- Ensure you have a good seal around all your windows and doors and replace weather stripping, if necessary
- Close off the vents or doors to rooms you don’t use and, therefore, don’t need to keep cool
- At night and when you’re away, turn your thermostat up
- Keep your vents clean and free of furniture
- Replace your furnace filters when they’re dirty
- Ensure that nothing is restricting the flow of air to your unit
Ready to pay less while getting the most from your air conditioning? Saskatoon home and business owners trust JOB Heating and Air Conditioning for air conditioning maintenance and installation services. Call us today: (306) 683-4328.